I just realized that last week marked the fourth anniversary of my starting this blog. Since I don't keep up with it that regularly, I sometimes forget how long it's been around and how many major life changes it has chronicled.
When I started this blog four years ago:
- I had been dating the Dude for about six weeks
- I was driving a 2000 Ford Focus
- I lived in an apartment in Maryland with just Mr. Kitty
- I had two living parents
- I had just gotten an iPod but had nothing on it yet
- Hoyden had a sweet hubby
- I was working at a boutique law firm
- I've been married to the Dude for just over nine months
- I drive a 2006 Mazda3 after totalling the Focus
- I've moved three times -- to an apartment in Virginia with Mr. Kitty, then into the Dude's townhouse with my parents' cats whom he adopted, and then with Dude and three cats into our single-family home
- Both my parents are gone (no one link -- the whole damn blog has been about that since July 2006)
- I own the same iPod, with the same set of music that a coworker loaded onto it for me in February 2006, and have used it about four times in these four years
- Hoyden's a free agent since her hubby turned sour
- I work for the government
Will this blog still be around in February 2014? And if so, what will have transpired between now and then? It's hard to imagine quite as much will have changed. Unless something really funky happens, I shouldn't be moving, marrying, or losing any more parents. My iPod situation will probably remain static. I can envision a vehicle change in that time. I imagine the main theme for the next few years will be the expanding of families, as many of my friends are having kids, or recently had them, or will soon have them. We're not there yet ourselves, but I'm sure our family situation will be different in four years' time in one way or another.
Here's to this blog changing from the Death Blog to the New Life Blog in years to come!